Floor coverings in modern layout are represented by means of a variety of substances, many of which resemble natural wood in their characteristics. The top position among this chic assortment is accepted by tiles imitating laminate. It’s manufactured artificially using natural raw materials. Due to the abundant choice of textures and colours, such flooring appear spectacular and stylish, and fit with any style of room design.
Advantages and disadvantages
The huge need for floor tiles beneath laminate is explained not just with their presentable appearance, but also by a number of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and natural sound wood, therefore it is frequently employed as the main element for decorating flooring.
One of the favorable properties of the material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coating does not wear off and doesn’t lose its allure even after 50 years;
- security in application. The planks are resistant to high temperature fluctuations, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. Products aren’t terrified of alkalis and acids;
- high moisture resistance. The material is impermeable to water, so it is not a favorable spot for the formation of fungus and mould;
- excellent thermal insulating material. Such coatings are Acceptable for the machine”warm floor”, as they consist of clay, which at elevated temperature Can conduct heat well;
aesthetics. In look, the tiles aren’t poor to floors made from pure stone or wood.
However ideal this substance is, it isn’t devoid of disadvantages.
The primary disadvantages of artificial laminate may comprise:
- The high cost. The product, which can last more than a dozen years is expensive, but in performance, these costs are sure to pay off;
- low rates of noise insulation.
Additionally, the ceramic flooring is frost-resistant, but its external coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it is made of special varieties of clay and mineral impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. Such boards are burnt 1poshtoram.ru and pressed under high pressure. The result is a durable and beautiful ending substance.
The two types of boards just replicate the proportions and dimensions of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most common, but occasionally square ones are readily available.